Title: VP Trading
Reporting to the Head of Trading, the VP Trading will be a core member of the Commercial Team focusing on trading aircraft and shaping the portfolio to underpin the value and growth of the CDB Aviation platform. The VP Trading will be a key interface for trading transactions both internally across multifunctional deal teams and externally with leasing companies and financial investors.
- To apply the CDB Aviation trading philosophy and transact according to the Company portfolio development plan
- To work closely with the Head of Trading to review the current portfolio and to define the future portfolio shape
- To apply key metrics and financial returns for assigned aircraft acquisition and divestment projects ensuring that all key decisions are supported by full and complete evaluation and support data
- Build and maintain relationships with potential trading partners amongst lessors and financial investors (for both acquisition and selling purposes)
- Present and analyse new business opportunities (individual aircraft, portfolios, etc.)
Skills and Professional Experience
- A successful performance history and demonstrable experience in a trading role with a global aircraft lessor
- A proven trading transaction list is a prerequisite
- Extremely financially literate with an excellent understanding of investment evaluation techniques, managing residual risk and collateral aircraft values
- Established relationships with counterparts at competitors and other potential trading partners
- Highly motivated and ambitious with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and influence at the highest levels within the aviation community
- Degree educated or equivalent in finance, economics or other relevant disciplines
To apply, please contact Careers.CDB@cdbaviation.aero.